Remove the Challenges from Shipping Internationally
February 15, 2019
The world of global e-Commerce continues to grow, providing numerous opportunities for retailers everywhere. However, there are a number of challenges these retailers face when shipping internationally to their customers. Price and reliability suddenly become a burden. So how do you remove these challenges?
Find the right shipping partner.
Finding the right partner to help you ship internationally is important. Here are a few things to ask yourself when looking for the right partner:
- Do they have experience? An experienced logistics provider can offer a number of options to you that you can, in turn, offer to your customers. They know the lay the of the land and can point you in the right direction.
- Does it benefit you AND your customers? The shipping options available should benefit not only you but your customer. The ability to provide great options to your customers is a great way to keep them coming back.
- Are they a global mailing provider? Global mailing providers will provide you with the peace of mind you need when shipping internationally. They already have established relationships with local posts around the world.
- How easy is their process? Their technology and software should make the shipping process simple for both you and your customers. It should not make things more complicated.
- What do undeliverables and returns look like? You want an easy return process to offer your customers. Many customers may stray from your site if you aren’t able to offer an easy process.
- What is the final cost? Offering free shipping is always a great option for e-retailers, but even if you can’t offer that, there are a number of things you can offer to benefit the customer. Think about a duty estimator which reduces the refusal rate when the package is delivered overseas. Provide as much of the final shipping cost as possible up front.
- What does the tracking look like? It should be easy for you to track where packages are in transit, as well as your customers. Know what to expect when it comes to tracking, so you can set the right expectations for your customers.
- How long does it take to get there? A great provider will know the best times to ship, because they are aware of events around the world, such as strikes, that can potentially cause delays. They’ll also be able to help estimate transit times so you know when your parcel will be delivered.
E-Retailers are looking for a reliable solution when it comes to shipping internationally. Not only that, but they need flexibility because not every retailer is the same and not every customer is going to be the same. Ask yourself the questions above when searching for the right partner to ship internationally. Once you have a reliable partner, you’ll be able to focus on growing your business.